Considering Solar? Here’s Why You Should Act Now.
On December 15th, 2022, the CPUC finalized the rules for NEM 3.
- We can secure our customers under NEM 2 prior to the April 13th, 2023 deadline.
- Systems submitted after the April 13th deadline will be connected under NEM 3.
- Standard NEM 2 customers will be grandfathered for 20 years.
- We can install your system after the April 13th deadline as long as we have secured your system in PG&E’s project portal.
- NEM 3 is significantly less favorable than NEM 2.
We strongly encourage anyone considering solar to get your system secured under NEM 2 before the April 13th, 2023 deadline. Otherwise you won’t have the same benefits under NEM 3. Solar will still make sense, but the financial incentive will be lower.
So, don’t wait until the last minute as PG&E’s project portal for reserving systems under NEM 2 may be overwhelmed as we get closer to the April 13th deadline.
We have staffed our office to help ensure we can get as many of our customers under NEM 2 as we can before the deadline.
To schedule your solar consultation, click the Free Quote button on this page, and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.